NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET
ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION.
PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
WHAT DOES THIS NOTICE COVER?
- Information about your health condition, healthcare treatment, or payment for healthcare treatment that could reasonably identify who you are;
- Information in the possession of Community Outreach Medical Center. This applies to all personnel, volunteers, contractors, trainees or anyone working at Community Outreach Medical Center who might have access to your health information.
HOW COMMUNITY OUTREACH MEDICAL CENTER WILL USE YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION
Community Outreach Medical Center is permitted to use or to disclose to others outside Community Outreach Medical Center, your health information without permission from you for basic types of activities and a number of specific situations or circumstances. They are described below:
- Treatment – We are permitted to use your health information or disclose it to others outside Community Outreach Medical Center in order to provide proper medical care to you.
- Payment – We are permitted to use your health information or disclose it to others outside Community Outreach Medical Center in order to submit bills for the services you receive.
- Health care operations – We are also permitted to use your health information or disclose it to others outside Community Outreach Medical Center in order to run the program and ensure high quality services.
- Appointment Reminders – We may use or disclose your health information to send you reminders that you have an appointment for treatment.
- Health-Related Benefits and Services – We may use or disclose your health information to tell you about health-related benefits or services that may be of interest to you
- Fundraising Activities – We may use or disclose your health information to contact you for fundraising activities for Community Outreach Medical Center, by Community Outreach Medical Center, or on our behalf by others.
- Participant Directory – We may include certain limited information about you in the agency’s participant directory while you are a participant at the agency such as your name, program of the agency and your religious affiliation.
- Individuals Involved in Your Care or Payment for Your Care – We may disclose your health information to an entity assisting in a disaster relief effort so that your family can be notified about your condition, status, and location.
- Research – Under certain circumstances, we may use and disclose your health information for research purposes.
- As Required By Law – We will disclose your information when required by law.
- To Avoid a Serious Threat to Health or Safety – We may use and disclose your health information to prevent a serious threat to your health and safety or the health and safety of the public or another person.
- Organ and Tissue Donation – If you are an organ donor and/or recipient, we may release medical information to organizations that handle organ procurement or organ, eye or tissue transplantation or to an organ donation bank to support the process.
- Workers’ Compensation - We may release medical information about you for workers’ compensation or similar programs.
- Public Health Risks - We may disclose medical information about you to prevent or control disease, injury or disability; to report births and deaths; to report child abuse or neglect; to report reactions to medications or problems with products; to notify people of recall of products they may be using; to notify a person who may have been exposed to a disease or may be at risk for contracting or spreading a disease or condition; and/or to notify the appropriate government authority if we believe a participant has been the victim of abuse, neglect or domestic violence.
- Military and Veterans – If you are a member of the armed forces, we may release medical information about you as required by military command authorities. We may also release medical information about foreign military personnel to the appropriate foreign military authority.
- Health Oversight Activities - We may disclose medical information to a health oversight agency for activities authorized by law.
- Lawsuits and Disputes - If you are involved in a lawsuit or a dispute, we may disclose medical information about you in response to a court or administrative order. We may also disclose medical information about you in response to a subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful process by someone else involved in the dispute, but only if efforts have been made to tell you about the request or to obtain an order protecting the information requested.
- Law Enforcement - We may release medical information if asked to do so by a law enforcement official in response to court order, subpoena, warrant summons or similar process; to identify or locate a suspect, fugitive, material witness, or missing persons; about the victim of a crime if, under certain limited circumstances, we are unable to obtain the person’s agreement; about a death we believe may be the result of criminal conduct; about criminal conduct at the clinic; and, in emergency circumstance to report a crime, the location of the crime or victims, or the identity, description or location of the person who committed the crime
- Coroners, Medical Examiners and Funeral Directors - We may release medical information to a coroner or medical examiner.
- National Security and Intelligence Activities - We may release medical information about you to authorized federal officials for intelligence, counterintelligence, and other national security activities authorized by law.
- Protective Services for the President and Others - We may disclose medical information about you to authorized federal officials so they may provide protection to the President, other authorized persons or foreign heads of state or conduct special investigations.
- Inmate – If you are an inmate of a correctional institution or under the custody of a law enforcement official, we may release medical information about you to the correctional institution or law enforcement officials.
Information & Appointment
Phone (702) 657-3873
Fax (702) 636-0787
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mon - Fri: 8AM - 5PM (Closed 12PM to 1PM)
Sat & Sun: Closed